For to be free is not to merely cast off one's chains,
but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.
- Nelson Mandela -

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My first time :)

Yes, I'm going to do it!
I have overcome and jettisoned all the buts and what-ifs and allowed myself this way of keeping track of myself. A kind of self-monitoring, so to speak;).
I know it's going to cost me valuable time, but I've got more than one good excuse to do it anyway.
- It's going to be good practice in writing English
- I've really missed keeping a diary and this will be a reasonably good replacement
- It'll help me create a new network (or extend the existing, mainly Dutch one)
- It'll give family and other loved ones a chance to keep up with what's going on within this family in this far away place
- Everybody seems to be doing it and I like reading other people's blogs, so it's only fair to give them a little peek into our never-a-dull-moment life.

There, that's good enough, isn't it?

No comments: